Monday, April 13, 2009

Matters of Faith??

I don't often discuss matters of my faith on my blog, but today, I found something a little profound...although I don't suppose it should be....

Hebrews 11 records victories of faith for many people, but it also speaks of those who died "not having received the promises they asked for..." Here is what I found profound....

Despite not receiving the things they asked for..they still died in faith...just as they lived in faith....

I find that pretty amazing...especially when I consider how weak my faith can be at times just because God doesn't answer my prayers the way I want them answered, when I want them answered....
These servants of God were obedient and lived in faith regardless of a promised result.

We were commanded to live by faith whether or not we see the promise...Those servants were fully persuaded that when given a promise by God, it was true. Many of them received many victories as well through faith but not everything that was promised was received during their lifetimes....however it did not change their behavior or trust in God.

Therefor I submit that our walk in faith should NOT depend on how many times in the past God has answered our prayers, but instead on the promise He has given us. If He promised it, then live as if He will answer it....Faith is just as much a walk of obedience..NOT A DESIRED RESULT...for getting what we want...

A good thing for me to think about today.....

Hope everyone had a great Easter...there are videos and pics of my wonderful kids and grand kids below....

and tomorrow a treat! My daughter Brandy singing at church Easter Sunday.....And she ROCKED!

3 comments:

Barb said...

This is a very poignant post.. but I'm sitting here LMAO cuz I talked to another telemarketer after I opened this comment window. ;)

Missy said...

Great post! Faith is hard to come by these days!

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....just wow Robyn. I'm speechless.


Happy Tuesday....my Heads or Tails is posted now.