Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pult Day!!!-- Heads or Tails...

Hubby actually did this Heads or Tails....Our Pult nights are LEGEND in his family.....if we go to long without one...hubby starts to get cranky....



When my brother, Mark, and his fiance Esther came to visit recently we finally had a pult day. It's been a while.

I mentioned Pult on facebook and someone said, "What's pult?..sounds kinda seaweedy."

My answer:
Not seaweedy, Swede-y. It's a Swedish delicacy made from ground-up potatoes and lots of flour, a little milk, and some kind of magic. Mixed into a doughy substance. Formed into a puck-like shape with a piece of bacon or pork (if you're rich) in the middle, and boiled for an hour. Comes out slimey and gray and weighing 11 pounds each. Add butter and salt, eat 8 of them, then pass out. Next day slice or dice and fry. Add vinegar if you're half-English. Or, if you're half-Finnish, you can add sour cream. Easily the best food on earth.


These aren't ours(I found them on the 'net) They are a little lumpier than ours.



These are ours. Day 2: Fried!


Bree ate most of my supply...



Heads or Tails is a weekly meme done every Tuesday by the wonderful Barb....
Go visit and add one of your own...
and while you are at it...visit her other blog... Skittles Place
Have fun!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm always into new foods, but I don't know if this is one Mom would enjoy as salt, bacon, and most pork are excluded in her super low sodium diet.

Barb said...

Oh YUM! Being born and raised in the South anything that has bacon in it is for me!!!!

Good post, Mr. Jones! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I love it when family gets together to cook and eat!

Tumblewords: said...

Looks good enough to eat! Nice post!

Anonymous said...

Sounds almost like something my Oma might have made. :)

Tina said...

uw sounds like great fun. always good to have delicious food on the go too ;)

Lynanne Juell said...

I agree easily one of the best things I have eaten and I am still sulking that I missed it, I miss Pult so much.

Robyn Jones said...

It tastes good...but it looks terrible.

Anonymous said...

I WANT PULLTT!!!! love brandy