Monday, November 19, 2007

It shouldn't happen....


My girls are at a funeral today as I write this. It is for a 14 year old boy named Sammy....He was playing basket ball and died of a heart attack in front of several of his friends.....

I remember seeing Sammy and his brother around the neighborhood when we lived on the east end....I didn't expect to be seeing his obituary this year.

It is an eye opener for my girls, and probably many of their friends...Life isn't forever and can end sooner then we expect....Teens are not invincible, and the people we love aren't always going to be around forever...Maybe walking the fence isn't such a good idea...

I wish it was a lesson they didn't have to learn, but I guess it is important...I just don't think that parents should have to outlive their children...

My heart gos out to Sammy's family today, and our prayers are with you....

No comments: